Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Post Christmas review

Christmas was REALLY nice this year. Time with friends and family. Lots of good food. (Ihaven't really eaten a regular meal since then - it's been nibbling on leftovers for me) A meaningful Christmas Eve service. And...once the planning for the Christmas Eve program was over, I realized that my New Year's resolution to have a "simpler Christmas" really did come true.

A fun read while all the preparations were going on was Sadie Shapiro's Knitting Book by Robert Kimmel Smith. One of those "slice of life" books that makes you laugh, cry and ponder the ways of the world.

Now I can share some of the knitting and sewing that has been going on for the last few weeks. Icelandic lopi hat for my skiing husband, small needlecases for knitting friends (I'm always losing my darning needles myself) and an apron for a friend who loves owls.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I am so glad you had a good Christmas...your gifts look wonderful...the needle case is a good idea, I'm not sure how many I've mis-placed over the holiday creative time.

Hannah and the band were absolutely awesome today. Please tell her I loved the Amazing Grace version...

Aneta said...

It was a wonderful Christmas supper with friends..thanks for sharing! Lovely gifts, too!