Monday, April 26, 2010

Life moves along

A reading blog should have some book reviews on it. Well, how about a list of books read? Better than nothing, and proves that I have been doing something these last few weeks. These are the books I actually finished. The list would be a lot longer if it included those I started and abandoned. Time is too precious to finish a book you're not enjoying.

Oolong Dead - Laura Childs (knitting themed mystery)
Tea Time for the Traditionally Built - Alexander McCall Smith (detective)
Far North - Marcel Theroux (science fiction)
The Liberation Diet - Kevin Brown (health)
Home Safe - Elizabeth Berg (slice of life)
Blackout - Connie Willis (science fiction)
Passage - Connie Willis (science fiction)
Knit Two - Kate Jacobs (knitting/slice of life)
The Raphael Affair - Iain Pears (mystery/historical)
The Kalahari Typing School for Men - Alexander McCall Smith (audio book - great for learning the correct pronunciation of the African names)

And I've been knitting too. But not a lot. A pair of socks are taking me an age to finish. 1 1/2 shawls that I'll take pictures of soon. And the cutest little baby sweater that was so easy to make. I can't stop looking at it - it's that sweet. Fits my son's baby doll - so it's newborn size. (Bernat Worsted; Yoked Cardigan by Hannah Fettig)

2 comments:

Karen said...

very cute sweater...

netablogs said...

That sweater is so adorable...even cuter in real life! So, did you like Elizabeth Berg's book? I've read a few of hers and liked them. One I had to quit because of the language, I think, though.