Monday, March 23, 2009

A haunting tale

I often search out the book that inspired the movie - in this case "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas". This is a haunting story of the holocaust as seen through the eyes of a naive young German boy. This segment of history should never be forgotten and this book and movie ensures that the story will continue to be told.



I did some fun knitting today. I bring you ....the Hannah hat! This hat was designed for girls who wear ponytails. The part with the button separates to allow the pony to swing free and not be tucked up under the hat. Ingenious! Luxurious Debbie Bliss yarn - baby cashmerino, in a deep red. Choosen by my daughter for her custom made hat. The yarn is a little pricey, but took less than two balls, so it wasn't out of this world expensive. I had purchased an extra skein just in case, so will now have enough for another small project.

I hope to get a photo of her wearing it to add in here. Flat hats are just that - flat!

No comments: