Thursday, February 5, 2009

Reader's Digest has been a big part of my reading material for as long as I can remember. My family always subscribed to it and when I finally settled down myself, I began the tradition. It's filled with inspiring stories about real people who are doing things in the world and making a difference. I laugh and I cry through each issue.


One article in the latest issue left me feeling rather sick to my stomach. It was an interview between the recently elected President of the United States, Obama, and Pastor Rick Warren, one of the most popular speaker/authors in Christendom.



Obama certainly talked the talk of a fervent born-again Christian. But his first pro-choice actions upon taking office certainly don't seem to be walking the walk. The contradiction between his words "I think that the country's greatest moral failure in my life-time has been that we still don't abide by that basic precept in Matthew that whatever you do for the least of my brothers, you do for me" and "I am pro-choice" is chilling.



I think that we had better watch this man very closely.

No comments: