Friday, January 2, 2009

Do we need New Years Resolutions?

Yes, I think we do. I love new beginnings. Monday is my favorite day of the week because I get to start over 52 times a year. Did I blow it last week? Oh well, it's now a new week. And the ultimate new start is the start of a new year. So here we go. In 2009 I resolve to:


  • reread "The GI Diet" book by Rick Gallop. My low glycemic eating habits have begun to slide; they need a jump start

  • knit one charity hat per month.

  • knit one Christmas gift per month till my list is done. Of course, that will involve making the list.

  • listen to the entire Bible. Here I have a head start because I finished early last year and am already at the end of Numbers.

  • simplify our family meals and make more bulk meals. Kitchen cleanup is becoming soooo boring and tedious. Over and over and over we clean up from cooking supper. I have better things to do with my time. So menu plan and meals-in-the-freezer, here I come!

  • be more organized with my knitting projects by keeping better notes on when I started, yarn used etc. A friend is putting the ball band in hers and I think that is a great idea. Also, a sample of the yarn used.

  • learn one new knitting skill per month. I plan to order Lucy Neatby's Essential 1 and 2 DVD's to help out here.

  • try one new alpaca yarn per month and become an expert on alpaca. Why? I have no idea. It's just a passion right now.

  • make good use of my 4 month gym membership by going 2-3 times per week.


OK, that's a good beginning. I'm going to print this out with space at the bottom to add things in as they occur to me.



What I like best about the resolutions I have come up with so far is that they are measurable. At a glance I can see if I'm following through or not. That's important - or so the "experts" say.



1 comment:

netablogs said...

I was sure you were going to say you don't need New Year's Resolutions, so I was pleasantly surprised to be affirmed in what I have done, although I call them goals, not resolutions. Is there a difference? :)
I hesitate to set too many goals because I hate to disappoint myself if I don't follow through. Defeatist or what?!
Your goals are great, by the way. Looking forward to hearing how you are doing in them! Let me know how the gym thing goes! :)