Friday, January 30, 2009

Full plates and other randomness

There is so much on my plate right now - either real obligations or projects that I'm choosing to take on - that today I could not make a decision to do any of them. No knitting took place; very little housework; no reading (beyond email and blog updates). Unable to make a decision about what to do next, I did nothing.

But...I did learn one useful thing. Windshield wipers are not sold in pairs. When the fellow says they are $28, he means each. So our van now has the most luxurious set of blades it will ever own.

And to get even more random, about six months ago someone sent me an email with the word chuffed in it. It seemed like a positive word in the context that it was used, but I had no idea what it meant. A quick click over to the online dictionary gave me this:

informal - pleased or delighted: I suppose you're feeling pretty chuffed [origin unknown]

Now I see that word everywhere! It's always English people using it (as in from England). I feel like an insider now when I see it and know what it means. Language is so funny.


I'm pretty chuffed to know this word.

1 comment:

netablogs said...

You DID expand our vocabulary. I'm pretty chuffed about that!
I think you needed a day of nothing, although I'm still not sure you really did nothing!
But, no knitting!! That must be a first in over a year!
Have a good Saturday!